I had a rough week last week going 6-8 overall and dropping farther behind the .500 mark. I was busy at work so I didn’t get to post my Thursday Night pick, but Vegas is going to have to start giving the Broncos double digit spreads every week. The 35-21 win was even easier for Manning and Co. than the 14 point difference suggests. They are an offensive machine right now and barring any injuries I don’t know who can stop them, including the faltering Seahawks who were upset in St. Louis last week and just don’t play that well away from home. The Broncos D looks to be much improved to and they are an overall much better team this season than the team that went to the Super Bowl a season ago. Manning was able to accomplish another record on Thursday night by throwing for 20 or more TD passes in 16 seasons. The guy has had problems in the Playoffs and the Super Bowl, and many critics judge him solely on that, but this is the greatest quarterback in the history of the sport, hands down.
The biggest disappointment so far this season…..The Chicago Bears. They have now dropped their 1st 3 home games and have fallen to 3-4 on the season. Soldier fan is the home of some of the most passionate fans in the NFL and this place could get real ugly, real quick for the Bears and especially QB Jay Cutler. There was an argument after the game last week in the locker room between Cutler and WR Brandon Marshall and they better get it together quick or this season could spiral out of control. This team has arguably the best WR tandem in the league, in Jeffery and Marshall, a real solid back, in Forte, and an above average TE in Martellus Bennett. They should not be losing the games, especially at home, the way they are and Cutler has to take most of the heat. I pick the Bears game every week on the Bob Miller Show on 92.9 WBPM, and remarkably I am perfect in picking them, unfortunately for me the wrong way. I have not picked a Bear’s game right and I am 0-7 in the games they have been involved.
Now on to the picks:
The Prognosticator’s Season Record: 47-53, 20-10 on Bob Miller Show(0-7 on Bear’s Games)
Guaranteed Lock of the Week: The New York Football Giants will not Lose(Bye Week for Big Blue)
Buffalo Bills at New York Jets(-3): 1PM, MetLife Stadium, CBS: Sunny Game Temp 59
- This is an absolute trap game for the Buffalo Bills who lost both of their starting running backs last week to injury
- The Bills are 4-3 and trying to stay afloat in the AFC East, while the Jets are 1-6 and are trying to avoid dropping their 7th in a row.
- The Jets have played better the last couple of weeks and had a game winning field goal blocked in the last seconds a week ago in Foxboro that could have knocked off the Pats.
- The Jets can run the ball and play defense….the question is can Geno Smith avoid the big mistakes.
- The Jets pulled off a surprising trade last week getting big play threat Percy Harvin from the Seahawks in exchange for a couple of draft picks. What kind of a teammate must Harvin be that the Seahawks basically gave him away and how must it feel for him going from a Superbowl contender to the Jets.
THE PICK:J………..E…………T……….S………JETS, JETS, JETS
Chicago Bears at New England Patriots(-6): 1PM, Gillette Stadium, FOX: Cloudy Game Temp 56
- As earlier stated I have not picked a Bears game right this season 0-7 ATS.
- Just when you think the Bears have no chance is usually where they surprise you and win a game.
- The Bears have a better team on paper than the Pats….but the better team does not always win.
- The Bears are imploding.
THE PICK: NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS….6 IS A LOT THOUGH
Philadelphia Eagles at Arizona Cardinals(-2 1/2): 4:05 PM, University of Phoenix Stadium, FOX: Roof can close
- Both teams are 5-1 and this is a very interesting matchup and could be the best game of the weekend.
- It comes down to the Arizona D against Chip Kelly’s high flying Eagles offense.
- The Eagles are coming off of a buy after beating up on the Giants 2 weeks ago 27-0 where LeSean McCoy was able to get on track after a slow start to the season.
THE PICK: PHILADELPHIA EAGLES….I WILL TAKE THE ROAD DOG HERE
Green Bay Packers at New Orleans Saints(-1 1/2): 8:30PM, Mercedes-Benz Superdome, NBC: Dome
- This may be the most entertaining game of the weekend with a lot of points scored as Aaron Rodgers visits Drew Brees.
- Both defenses are questionable at best.
- Rodgers has gone 6 straight games now without throwing an INT.
- The Saints at 2-4 are 1 of the biggest disappointments so far this season and a loss here could put the Saints backs firmly against the wall of a lost season.
THE PICK: GREEN BAY PACKERS…..THE PACKERS SECONDARY IS A LITTLE BETTER THAN THE SAINTS
The Rest of the picks:
Detroit Lions(-3 1/2) over Atlanta Falcons….What is the NFL’s fascination with games in London…cool thing is this game is on FOX 9:30AM Sunday morning
TAMPA BAY BUCS(-3) over Minnesota Vikings…..This game sucks
St. Louis Rams over KANSAS CITY CHIEFS(-7)…….My upset special of the week
Seattle Seahawks(-4) over CAROLINA PANTHERS….Seattle in must win mode
Miami Dolphins(-6) over JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS…..Miami needs this game
Houston Texans over TENNESSEE TITANS(PK)…..Houston D is too tough here for Titans
Baltimore Ravens over CINCINNATI BENGALS(-1 1/2)….Bengals are falling fast
Indianapolis Colts(-3) over PITTSBURGH STEELERS…..Love Luck
CLEVELAND BROWNS(-6 1/2) over Oakland Raiders……Browns bounce back at home
DALLAS COWBOYS(-9 1/2) over Washington Redskins…..2 words….Colt McCoy
Enjoy all the games!!!!