Week 11 in the NFL offers some really interesting match ups and games that are extremely important for many teams as they try to work their way into a playoff berth. The NFC is so wide open right now that there will be a team that could easily be a Super Bowl contender on the outside looking in once the Playoffs start. If the Playoffs started today, the Green Bay Packers, who I believe to be the best team in the NFC and possibly the NFL right now, would not make the cut right now as it stands. Now, thankfully there is still a lot of football left to be played and this is when the better teams rise to the occasion. I have to do the same with my picks and try to finish the season on a real upswing.
Now on to the picks:
The Prognosticator’s Season Record: 69-72(6-6) last week, 28-15 on the Bob Miller Show
Minnesota Vikings at Chicago Bears(-3): 1PM, Soldier Field, CBS: Cloudy Game Temp 32
- The Bears have been outscored in the first half 94-7 over their last 3 games and these games have all been extremely embarrassing losses.
- Coach Marc Trestman is under major fire in Chicago and is probably going to lose his job unless the Bears make a miraculous turn around to the season.
- Bears fans have not seen their team win yet at Soldier Field this year as the Bears are 0-3 there so far.
- With all that said I like this match up and I think they will rely heavily on Matt Forte to run the ball against the Vikings and keep the awful Bear’s D off the field, if not, the seen at Soldier Field might get real ugly.
THE PICK: CHICAGO BEARS…..HEY WHY NOT…..THE JETS WON LAST WEEK
San Francisco 49ers(-4) at New York Football Giants: 1PM, MetLife Stadium, FOX: Sunny Game Temp 41
- The 5-4 Niners are in must win mode in order to keep their playoff chances alive. A loss here to the 3-6 Giants would all but kill their chances.
- Perry Fewell, who is the defensive coordinator for the G-Men, has guaranteed a Giant victory tomorrow. Then the G-Men better score some points because Fewell’s D is ranked last in the league and just gave up a ridiculous 350 yards on the ground last week to the Seahawks in Seattle. All Fewell is good at is smiling on the sideline and he needs to go as soon as the season ends.
- JPP commented on his impending free agency this upcoming off season, which will be sooner than later for the Giants, that if, “he is here, he is here, if he is not, he is not.” Hopefully he is not. The Giants should let him walk.
- I am sick of all the Giants talk and how bad they perform on the field. There needs to be some whole sale changes within the organization at seasons end and I believe there will be.
- On a good note, no one ever gives 2 time Super Bowl Champ Eli Manning any credit, but I will. Eli is completing 64% of his passes, has thrown for 2215 yards, 17 TD’s and just 6 INT’s on a team that he gets absolutely no protection or help from.
THE PICK: SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS…..Too much at stake for the Niners
Philadelphia Eagles at Green Bay Packers(-5 1/2): 4:25PM, Lambeau Field, FOX: Cloudy Game Temp 27
- The Packers are rolling right now and I believe they are the best team in football right now, led by Aaron Rodgers, who is on fire.
- The Eagles are also playing well and I believe they will not miss a beat with Mark Sanchez as the QB and I believe this very well may be the match up that we see in a couple months in the NFC Championship game.
- Playing at Lambeau is always a very hard task for anyone and I believe that to be true here for the Eagles.
THE PICK: GREEN BAY PACKERS…..Rodgers is too hot right now.
New England Patriots at Indianapolis Colts(-3): 8:30PM, Lucas Oil Stadium, NBC: Dome
- Both teams are fresh off a bye week and are playing great football. This is a great match up between Tom Brady and Andrew Luck.
- Luck has had his tough times against the Patriots over the last couple of years and I am reluctant to go against Bill Belichick when given 2 weeks to get ready for an opponent.
- I love Luck and think that if you were to start an organization today he would be the obvious pick to get the team started.
THE PICK: INDIANAPOLIS COLTS…..Very Reluctantly…..going with the home team here in what should be the most entertaining game of the weekend.
The Rest of the Picks:
CLEVELAND BROWNS(-3) Over Houston Texans….Old school football in Cleveland is paying off.
KANSAS CITY CHIEFS(-2) Over Seattle Seahawks…..Seahawks struggle on the road and Kansas City is extremely tough atmosphere.
CAROLINA PANTHERS(PK) Over Atlanta Falcons…..One of these teams has to win….go with the home team.
NEW ORLEANS SAINTS(-6 1/2) Over Cincinnati Bengals…..Saints bounce back at home.
Tampa Bay Bucs over WASHINGTON REDSKINS(-7)…..Redskins should not be a 7 point favorite over anyone.
Denver Broncos(-9 1/2) Over ST. LOUIS RAMS…..Way too much fire power on the Broncos.
SAN DIEGO CHARGERS(-10) Over Oakland Raiders…..Raiders suck.
ARIZONA CARDINALS(-1) Over Detroit Lions…..Not sold on Lions winning a big game like this on the road.
Pittsburgh Steelers(-6) Over TENNESSEE TITANS….Steelers need to bounce back after embarrassing loss to the Jets.
Enjoy the Games!!!